Saturday, April 16, 2011

Three months to go!

It's three months until the wedding! I'm so close to being done with everything. We picked up our wedding bands today; they are prettier than I remembered.
I'm really hoping my wrists and thumbs will recover soon so I can get back to making the things I still need to make. I didn't mention it earlier, but I got done with my veil just about a week ago.

I found the same fabric my mom used to make her wedding gown when she married my step dad. She saved a sample of it and had brought it out when we were talking about what fabrics I might want my dress in. I am not using it for my whole dress, but I liked the idea of tying it to my mom somehow.
I sewed czech glass seed beads around the edges of the fingertip length veil, and along the comb as well. I made a similar veil for my dear friend Kasey for her wedding last September, but it didn't occur to me then to sew beads along the comb. She seemed to like it anyway. :)
Since I've been using every possible moment to make items for the wedding for the past 6 months or so, this self-imposed break has been strange for me, to say the least. I now find it really difficult to just sit and watch a movie, because I'm so used to having some "employment" as Jane Austen would say. (I'm reading "Sense and Sensibility).
I still need to make about 10 hearts, six bridesmaids' gifts, and two gifts for special people helping out.
I can't believe it's actually going to happen!

1 comment:

  1. Rorye! I love your veil and the beading detail along the comb :) Ohhh Jane Austen will certainly get you in the mood for a wedding. I've never read Sense & Sensibility though. Hope things with the wedding are going well. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete