Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just breathe.

It's four months until our wedding. Things are shaping up. I'm headed to my hometown in a couple days to meet my hairstylist, consult with the photographer, converse with the officiant, see the reception site and taste cake. I'm treated to regular updates on my dress from my mom, who sends me frequent cell phone photos.
I'm still not done with the hearts, but I'm trying. I just have to make my veil and the bridesmaids' gifts after that. I have one of the bridesmaids' gifts done, and they won't take long. I can make the veil as easy or as difficult as I have time for it to be.
I have been really heartbroken for the people of Japan and looking for ways to help. Reading all the news coverage has put a damper on wedding excitement for me for a while. I wish there were a way for me to help that didn't involve money, but it looks like a contribution to the Red Cross or another aid organization is going to be the way to go for a while at least. I don't know what I could do; make hats or blankets or something, maybe? It sounds like food and shelter are the biggest needs for the Japanese affected by the tsunami and earthquakes right now.
I know a wedding blog isn't really the place for thoughts on the disaster in Japan, but it has honestly been at the forefront of my thoughts since it occurred. For now, I suppose, I will continue to pray and hope the gentleman and I can make a charitable contribution to an organization helping soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment