Monday, July 14, 2014

Starting "Stitch-Cation"

I'm three squares into my afghan and feeling confident I'll be able to finish it by the Sept. 1 deadline.
I've been having a bit of trouble learning the stitches, but I'm not ripping up every single mistake, because I will never get done that way. So by the first half of the first square, I seem to be catching on.
If the squares I've finished are any indication, this is going to be a very thick, warm blanket, and I'm probably going to be sweating when I'm doing the border.
I have to learn 10 new stitches, and make 20 squares for a 4x5 afghan.
I believe this project will be an excellent stash buster. Before I went through and picked my yarn for the project, I had no idea I had so many skeins of red heart yarn. Some of them are quite vintage as well - at least two of the variegated skeins were given to me by my mom when I was just learning to knit in high school, and who knows how long she had them. It is kind of fun to think about that - how many little projects a ball of yarn went into over the years. I don't know, maybe I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment