Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Planning, planning, planning

Last weekend, I went back home to Indiana, which is fully in the grasp of the Snowpocalypse, to meet up with my cousin, aunt and dad to hopefully figure some things out.
My aunt, who is also my godmother, wanted to help me plan because she is generally awesome. We got a lot worked out, and it is a giant relief.
This week I also priced local printers for our invite printing costs. I was really pleased with the estimates. I thought it would be a lot more expensive - I think it will only be about $50 to print everything - invites, save the dates, and RSVPs. Of course, it's not embossed or on handmade paper, but you know. (I'm just kidding, I love the design for our invites).
I still have a lot on my plate. I have about 40 hearts done, and if I make two a day, I can be done in a month. After that, I still need to make my veil and the gifts for my bridesmaids. I think there may even be another thing I need to make, but I can't remember.
There are 156 days until the wedding. I feel excited and mostly calm about the whole thing, but I'm starting to have nightmares. I dreamed another cousin, one of my bridesmaids, stabbed me. I had another wedding-related dream after that, but I don't remember it.
I finally found my camera cord so I can share some pictures of my workspace and the stuff I've got done so far.
My fiance and I have set aside one corner of the house specifically for the wedding.
You can see the candles and sand we have for our centerpieces, the purple flower petals I bought for the flower girl(s), and everything else we're stockpiling like wedding industry-obsessed chipmunks. It is definitely helpful to keep everything in one area, so we can see what we still need and check everything else off our list.

Here are the favors so far. I cheated a little because I put them all in a smaller box. We're still planning to add paper tags with our names and the date if we can get around to it.
Basically I've just got to keep plugging away, and slowly but surely, I will get everything I want accomplished by July.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help, for realzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any advice you have would be valuable to me, Mrs. Husk. And I'm always open to an Evansville weekend!

    ReplyDelete