Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Flowers 1-5

As you can see, I've completed the first 5 patterns in my 200-pattern journey. Excuse the terrible lighting, it's post-sunset and I took the photos next to a lamp. 
The biggest challenge thus far has been keeping my daughter from tugging the yarn out of my hands. She is intently interested in what I'm doing; hopefully someday I will be able to teach her the skills my mom taught me.
I guess I'm gonna post a picture of each flower I made with some commentary. I don't really know what I'm doing here, so we'll work it out as we go along, I reckon. 

#1: Six-Petal Daisy 

This was very, very quick and easy. It would be a good pattern for a beginner wanting to add some flair to a project. 

#2: Small Sunflower
I really like this one. I would like to make flower crowns with it. 

#3: Loop Daisy
I don't know if it's just the junky yarn I used, but I'm not crazy about this one.

#4: Ruffle rose
I screwed this one up a bit, because in the back part you're only supposed to crochet in the back loops and I forgot after the first stitch. I just made do. I love these two yarns so much, but I don't have enough of either to make a whole project. I get the feeling this pattern odyssey I'm on will be the ultimate stash-buster.

#4: Open Rose
This is my favorite pattern yet, both for how it looks and how it's written. It's an elegant design - the first round is worked in a spiral in the front loops, and then the work is turned and the petals are worked in the back loops. 

I'm not sure if anyone is reading this, but I'd love if you let me know that you are. I've no idea if this is interesting to anyone in the world but me. If you are finding it interesting, please leave a comment and let me know. 
I'll be back with the next five patterns in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment