Sunday, June 15, 2014

Flowers 16-20

Sorry for the lack of posts! We've been traveling, and then we were cleaning like crazy because we had family here for Father's Day. Not sure if anyone is really reading this or missed the posts, but if you did, I'm sorry! 


I've decided to compose a form addressing my opinion of each pattern, because I feel like I wasn't being very helpful in terms of describing the pattern. If I just say I liked it, that isn't very useful information to you, is it? 

#16: Frilly Rosette 
Love it, like it, loathe it: like it. It is a loooot of chains, but the finished product is worth the toil.
Looks like book photo: yeah! 
What kind of project would it complement: it would make a nice barrette for a kiddo.
Would I make it again: yep.

#17: Quick Flower
Love it, like it, loathe it: love it! The name is accurate.
Looks like photo: yes, except for my fluffy yarn
What kind of project would it complement: it would make a nice trim on an afghan or baby blanket
Would I make it again: yes.

#18: Button Carnation:

Love it, like it, loathe it: love it. The photo doesn't do it justice
Looks like photo: not perfectly, but not a total disaster.
What kind of project would it complement: I imagine these on the straps of a little girls dress.
Would I make it again: yes!

#19: Pointed Daisy:

Love it, like it, loathe it: like it. I used one cotton yarn and one bulkier acrylic yarn, and I would not recommend that - use the same yarn and weight for best results.
Looks like photo: more or less. I suspect they did some shaping, and why wouldn't they? 
What kind of project would it complement: I'm not sure. Maybe an iPad cover or a handbag.
Would I make it again: sure

#20: Traditional Crochet Flower
Love it, like it, loathe it: like it, but not very much
Looks like photo: no. I made it twice and I couldn't keep it from bunching up either time. 
What kind of project would it complement: a chair doily? 
Would I make it again: probably not. 

Let me know what you think about the new rating system! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment