Saturday, June 21, 2014

Flowers 26-30

Hello and welcome to this installment of the "200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments and Trims" challenge! This batch taught me a new skill and gave me my new favorite flower. It also gave me no small amount of consternation, as I can't seem to get some flowers to keep from bunching up no matter what kind of yarn or hook I use.
For the most part, however, I did find moving up to an H or I hook with the yarns I've been using helped out with the squish factor. On the others, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Here are my impressions of each flower pattern!
#26: Periwinkle
Love it, like it, loathe it: like it. It works up very quickly. 
Looks like photo: yes
What kind of project would it complement: a jewelry piece, or any kind of trim on a cute blanket or baby item. Ooh, imagine it atop a little baby shoe! Dead of the cute, I am.
Would I make it again: yes'm!

#27: Cluster Flower
NEW SKILL ALERT! 
The skill: tr3tog, or three treble crochets finished together. I did it wrong at first, but this book has a great section on how to create the stitches. My only gripe is there are no left-handed photos (that's right, I'm a southpaw) but I'm used to reading things backwards. 
Love it, like it, loathe it: like it! 
Looks like photo: yes it does.
What kind of project would it complement: an afghan, bag or scarf would be nice with these as an accent
Would I make it again: sure!

#28: Picot Daisy
Love it, like it, loathe it: this one gave me trouble. It wanted to squish up, and I think maybe I need to do the picots tighter.
Looks like photo: mine looks shaggier and squished. 
What kind of project would it complement: for some reason I envision it on a jean skirt.
Would I make it again: yeah, to see if I can do it right.

#29: Large Gerbera

Love it, like it, loathe it: Like it, but again with the squish.
Looks like photo: More or less
What kind of project would it complement: a girls hair bow, perhaps. It's another that's very frilly.
Would I make it again: yes

#30: Damask Rose
Love it, like it, loathe it: I am in love. This is my new favorite and I want to pin it in my hair and feel pretty forever.
Looks like photo: I think mine looks BETTER. 
What kind of project would it complement: it would make a gorgeous hair ornament.
Would I make it again: yaaaas!

Hopefully I will see you again sooner than later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment