Monday, June 16, 2014

Flowers 21-25

So here's the next five! I'm back in the swing of things, and I feel a bit of improvement. I think I may go back and try a few of my failures again once I finish all the flowers, just to see if I can improve my efforts.

Just a note:  I got a few of the names wrong on the last post, and I've gone back to correct them. 

#21: Gerbera

Love it, like it, loathe it: LOATHE. It's so many chains (read: snoozeville) and it's not worth it because it doesn't look good. 
Looks like photo: Not a bit! Mine is all wonky and stupid-looking.
What kind of project would it complement: Done properly, it would be cute on the end of a pen or something. 
Would I make it again: At gunpoint.

#22: Button Daisy: 
Love it, like it, loathe it: like it! My husband thinks it looks like a squid - with 8 legs I think it would make an adorable finger puppet. 
Looks like photo: yep
What kind of project would it complement: a wall hanging or blanket
Would I make it again: sure

#23: Open Flower
Love it, like it, loathe it: love it. This is nice and simple
Looks like photo: yes
What kind of project would it complement: jewelry or a flower crown, or even a bookmark
Would I make it again: absolutely

#24: Small Orchid

Love it, like it, loathe it: like it
Looks like photo: for some reason, my back loop petals don't line up with the front loop petals.
What kind of project would it complement: I think it would look pretty on a scarf, a brooch or even as a crochet bouquet.
Would I make it again: yes

#25: Orchid

Love it, like it, loathe it: like it
Looks like photo: yes, very much so 
What kind of project would it complement: same as the previous
Would I make it again: yes

I would love some feedback about this challenge I'm doing! If you're reading this, please leave a comment and let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment